In Part 1 of this series we build the Foundation of our POD business. Now that the basics are in place we are going to setup the system for finding new design concepts/idea’s.
Everybody has different ways of sourcing & researching new possible designs ideas. But you probably repeat the same general steps to find new idea’s
Think about what steps you typically take when looking for new Design Ideas.
- You will research a niche if it’s viable for getting into it.
- You use the keywords you find from your research.
- Then, you’re going to check if there are any Trademark or Copyright Issues with the Phrase you want to use.
- Break down your own design idea sourcing process and create a document with step-by-step instructions for it.
- Everybody’s process is different if you have something that works stick to that.
Recommended Sourcing Tools:
- Merch Informer – The Complete Toolbox With Modules for all your Research Needs – Use the Coupon Code “MerchAction” to get a 15% discount
- Merch Momentum Monday Strategy Guide – See how to start the creative process on coming up with Unique phrases that sell.
- Create a Document to Capture/Collect Your Potential Design Concepts in One Place:
- Make sure this Document can be accessed at all times; I prefer to use a Google Sheet
- Pin the document in your browser so it’s easily accessible.
This is The Document I use. Feel free to make a copy of my T-Shirt Concepts – Worksheet
In the next Blog Post we are going to look into how to Build A system for Creating Designs.